SCOUTING CAPITAL ADVISORS WITH CDS S.R.L IN THE ACQUISITION OF VIKI PLAST S.A.
- Milan, February 15, 2021 – CDS S.r.l., a Piacenza-based company that is one of the leading European producers of closures for the beverage industry, acquired 100% of the capital of the Polish company Viki Plast S.A., European leader in closures for mineral water dispensers.
- Scouting Capital Advisors S.p.A, through its advisory arm Scouting Corporate Finance, advised CDS S.r.l. in the crossborder acquisition, with a team led by Managing Partner Giuseppe Mario Sartorio.
- In the transaction, the Polish company Viki Plast S.A. has been advised by Excalibur Capital sp. z o.o. as financial advisor, with a team led by Managing Partner Pawel Pawlowski.
- The Piacenza-based group, founded in 1977, employs about 200 people in 5 plants, including 2 in Italy, and operates 75 highly automated production lines, with a production volume of more than 12 billion closures per year. In 2019, the group achieved revenues of €70 million, with EBITDA of €15 million. It is the market leader in all the countries where it has production facilities (Italy, Spain, Czech Republic and Poland), serving the main local bottlers of mineral water and soft drinks, as well as multinationals in the sector.
- The acquisition of Viki Plast is part of CDS’ international growth strategy, which began in 2013 with the acquisition of Viroplastic S.A., operating in the Czech Republic, and continued in 2017 with the acquisition of Manufacturas Inplast S.A., a market leader in Spain. In this strategy, CDS is supported by Idea Taste of Italy, the first European private equity fund dedicated to the food sector, managed by DeA Capital Alternative Funds SGR S.p.A.