FOSBER GROUP ACQUIRES 60% BP AGNATI
- Fosber S.p.A. (Fosber Group), an international group based in Lucca, leader in the design, production and installation of complete corrugating lines and machinery for the corrugated cardboard industry, has successfully completed the acquisition of a majority stake in BP Agnati, an historical operator in the corrugated cardboard equipment sector since 1930.
- The closing of the transaction took place on February the 3rd 2020 through the creation of a NewCo controlled by Fosber and where the historic shareholder Brivio Pierino e C. Srl will reinvest with a minority stake assuring a continuity to BP Agnati’s industrial project.
- Fosber Group is 100% controlled by the Chinese listed group Guangdong DongfangPrecision Science & Technology Co., Ltd. (“DongfangPrecision”): in 2019 Fosber Group registered revenues in excess of €200 million.
- BP Agnati, a company based in Vimercate (MB), has built its success over the years thanks to its ability to innovate: the development of the Quantum technology, a new concept machine that revolutionizes the entire production process, is able to guarantee a superior quality in the production by strongly reducing the energy consumption with very compact dimensions (between 45 and 60 m) according to the Dry-end configuration.
- The transaction will further strengthen the leadership position of both companies in the corrugating machine sector.
- Scouting Capital Advisors, with a team led by the Managing Partner Filippo Bratta and the Manager Elena Montibeller, acted as exclusive financial advisor to Fosber Group.
- Oaklins Italy, with partner Davide Milano supported by Senior Associate Simone Botti, assisted BP Agnati.
- The acquisition of BP Agnati is already the second deal in less than 12 months that saw Scouting Capital Advisor advising Fosber Group in a strategic acquisition process. In 2019 Scouting advised Fosber Group in the acquisition of the Spanish corrugating rolls manufacturer Tiruna SL.
- PwC TLS acted as Legal advisor for Fosber, while BP Agnati was assisted by Gattai Minoli Agostinelli & Partners; the fiscal aspects were handled by Studio Andrea Galli for BP Agnati and Gusmitta & Associati for the Fosber Group.